Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Mediterranean Black Bean and Garbanzo Bean Salad

We're in the process of using up what we have in the cupboard during the COVID-19 pandemic. Today's recipe uses a couple of cans of beans as well as some fresh ingredients.

When I saw the pin on Pinterest for a Mediterranean Black Bean and Garbanzo Bean Salad, it leads to Yummly. However, the entre recipe doesn't show up. After I made the salad and looked back later at the Yummly website, I realized there is a link for the full directions.


We liked the flavor of the dressing, mint, and parsley combine with the different textures of the beans and onions. I think adding the feta cheese, avocado, and red pepper would definitely add more texture and flavor to the salad. I would use all these ingredients the next time I make this salad.

Ingredients

Salad
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup diced red onion
feta cheese, optional but delicious (I didn't see this ingredient in the link, so didn't include it. I would next time)
1 medium avocado, chopped (I didn't see this ingredient in the link, so didn't include it. I would next time)
1 red pepper, chopped (I didn't see this ingredient in the link, so didn't include it. I would next time)

Dressing

2 cloves of minced garlic
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped mint
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon honey

Instructions

In a large bowl, dump in rinsed and drained black beans, garbanzo beans, diced red onions, and chopped red pepper. Add in avocado.

Pour in fresh lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and garlic.

Then add chopped mint and parsley.

Gently toss to combine, making sure to incorporate the dressing in the bottom of the bowl.

Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld together.

Toss gently. Sprinkle feta on top if desired. Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

Rita said...

These recipes you are trying look very good. :)