Sunday, April 5, 2020

More Window Stars for Easter

I made some more window stars since I'm finding I have a bit more time because of the stay-at-home order in Minnesota. It has been fun to try some new patterns that I've pinned on my Pinterest board.


This is a closer look at the left side of the window:


This is a closer look at the right side of the window:


The first window star that I tried was a pin that led to an image.


I used 3"x5" paper because I couldn't figure out the size from just looking at the image. Maybe trying a larger square would create the star - perhaps a 4" or 5" square. My version, in pink, looks different than the yellow star, but that's fine. I'm happy with it.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Next, I made a purple star from a pin that led to Meinesvenja:


I used 3"x3" square paper for this window star and it came out just as the image above.


*~*~*~*~*~*

Next, I made a gold star using the pattern below. It came from a pin that led to Origami Maniacs.


This is my version of the window star:


*~*~*~*~*~*

I found another pattern I liked on Pinterest that led to Origami Maniacs.


It didn't turn out exactly like the instructions. It's kind of difficult without knowing the paper size since even something that's off by 1/4" or 1/2" can substantially change the way the final window star looks. 


*~*~*~*~*~*

I've had my eye on this pattern for a while because the points are different at the tips than other stars I've made. Since it's Spring and almost Easter, I chose lime-green paper for this 16-point star. The pattern is from Deschdanja.


This is my version:


*~*~*~*~~*~*

Last, I tried this pattern. The pin doesn't lead to an image, so I just followed the directions on the left side of the image. It does not even come close to the image on the right. If I had looked closer at the directions, I would have noticed that before starting.

What's interesting is that when folding the points, they end up much smaller at the center so instead of 8 points, 16 points are needed to make the window star.


Even though the window star didn't come out even close to the image of the red star, it's fine. I still have a pretty star for our Spring/Easter window. 


No comments: