Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Pork Chops with Glaze

As I was looking for recipes on Pinterest, I cam across one for Pork Chops with Glaze. It comes from Taste of Home which has simple recipes using items typically found around your home.


My mom introduced me to Taste of Home well over 15+ years ago when she used to buy me subscriptions to the magazine. Each year I could count on a subscription to the magazine until the year she died.

At any rate, I wanted to try this recipe because I need to pre-make some food for my family when I am recovering from surgery (after October 10th). This was a two-day process. On the first day, you mix the marinade and then let it sit for eight hours or overnight in the refrigerator. The second day, you grill the recipe. Of course, on the second day, it rained. So, the pork chops were baked in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes or so instead. They turned out great - very flavorful and moist. If they had been grilled, they would have had that smoky flavor as well.

Ingredients

1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed (I used a stalk of fresh rosemary)
8 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)

Directions

In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight (note: I refrigerated the pork chops overnight). Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.

Drain pork, discarding marinade in bag. Lightly grease the grill rack.

Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°; brush generously with remaining marinade during the last 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

(Alternatively, if you are unable to grill: bake for about 40 minutes or so in a 350 degree oven.)

Nutrition Facts

1 pork chop: 246 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.

No comments: