Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Twelve Days of Christmas Blog Challenge - Day 1

Was searching for different challenges and came across The Twelve Days of Christmas Blog Challenge that was done a few years ago. It's not a current challenge, but I liked the idea of it so I thought I'd update the questions to reflect the past and upcoming years.


The first thing to write about on Day 1 is "1 Thing You Got for Christmas."

It actually wasn't a present I received for Christmas. Rather, it was one that I invested in so I could document and remember Christmas as well as people, pets, and things we do in the coming months and years.

Finally, I can take those close-up photos I enjoy. This is Aspen, our American Staffordshire Terrier mixed with a Siberian Husky. She's a great dog. Very loving.


I'm back to being able to take photos of Sophia and Olivia. Now I don't have a big white splotch in the center of the photograph.


Photos of recipes I've tried are clear again.


As are pictures of my family. This is my sister and brother. I'm in the middle in the photo...but the oldest of the three.


I can document the projects that the girls do....like this pillowcase dress that Sophia made for Little Dresses for Africa. The dresses are given to girls who may not have many clothes to wear.


What's also meaningful for me is documenting some of the more difficult memories. In this case, remembering my parents who died on January 5, 2012 and August 15, 2015 (Dad and Mom respectively).

Here the girls have decorated their graves at Fort Snelling.


They decorated both sides - one wreath for each of their grandparents.


The camera also gives me the opportunity to document special occasions - like Sophia's 16th birthday.


It's nice to have a working camera again.

1 comment:

Rita said...

So glad you have a camera again! Lots to be thankful for indeed. :)