Sunday, December 29, 2013

Rosemary-Mustard Sausage Patties

A couple of years ago I clipped a recipe for Rosemary-Mustard Sausage Patties from Taste of Home magazine. This year, I wanted to make them for Christmas breakfast. However, we ran out of propane on Christmas morning, so I postponed making them until the 26th of December.

They are very easy to make and so flavorful. I was a bit concerned with adding two full onions to two pounds of pork sausage, but it was delicious.

Rosemary-Mustard Sausage Patties that I made.

Ingredients

2 medium onions, finely chopped
4 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed (I used about 4 teaspoons of fresh rosemary)
4 teaspoons stone-ground mustard (I used a spicy brown mustard)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds bulk pork sausage

Directions

In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in mustard and pepper. Crumble sausage over mixture; mix well. Shape mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into thin patties. (Note: I made mine much smaller - about half that size so there were about 32 sausage patties.)

Place in ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary on paper towels. Yield: 16 sausage patties.

Nutritional Facts

1 sausage patty equals: 134 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.

No comments: