Wednesday, January 4, 2012

P52 Photo Challenge - Resolution - Week 1

During 2012, there's a weekly photo challenge called P52 (Project 52). Each week, there is a different theme to use as inspiration for photography.
Week 1's theme is "Resolution."  At the end of December, I began thinking about what I wanted to accomplish during 2012. Using my blog as a calendar, I started mapping out what I wanted to accomplish each month in the upcoming year. 

However, my dad's health took a dramatic slide on December 31st, and on January 1st I received a call from the nursing home to come right away since his breathing was stopping for long periods of time.  We anticipated January 1st being the last day my dad would be with us...however it is January 4th and we are still at the nursing home with him.

Dad's hand in mine on January 2nd.

What this first week of January showed me is that support and family come before any resolutions.  These other things can wait...being with my dad at a time when he needs help and care cannot wait.


project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

No comments: