Both Sophia and Olivia were given dresses to wear so we could see what they are like. Since it is becoming increasingly more difficult to find well-made, modest - yet stylish and beautiful - clothing for girls, tweens, and young women, my daughters and I were pleasantly surprised at how many choices are available from Shabby Apple that meet these criteria.
Olivia chose Ingrid the Second from the Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple. She said it is very comfortable, soft, and loves all the ruffles. Although she's use to wearing dresses that are a bit longer (mid-calf), she has enjoyed wearing this shorter one that falls around her knees. Whenever she wears the dress, she always receives compliments.
Olivia is wearing the Ingrid the Second dress
from Shabby Apple.
Sophia chose Sacred Falls from the Women's Dresses from Shabby Apple. We used the sizing guidelines on Shabby Apple's website, and the dress fit Sophia perfectly. The dresses are true-to-size which makes it easy to choose the appropriate size.
Sophia likes the details of the neckline and all the pleating in the front which makes it different from other dresses she has seen. Like Olivia's dress, this one also is very soft and comfortable to wear.
Sophia wearing the Sacred Falls dress
from Shabby Apple.
And now...for the giveway...and what you have a chance to win: Too Darn Hot - a beautiful, 1940s-inspired dress from Shabby Apple.
Enter for a Chance to Win this"Too Darn Hot" Dress
from Shabby Apple.
(The photos are from Shabby Apple.)
As the Shabby Apple website says about this women's dress, "[it has] stunning details. Carefully constructed from stretch sateen, the Too Darn Hot boasts a high, wide boat neck, fitted bodice, and cap sleeves. The slightly tapered skirt descends from a bouquet of four flouncy ruffles at the low waist, and falls to the knee."
If you live in the United States, you have a chance to win this great dress! Until midnight on Monday, January 23, 2012, simply:
- “Like” Shabby Apple on Facebook and then leave a comment below saying where you would wear the dress. (By liking Shabby Apple, you'll get special promotions and discounts.)
Want more chances to win? Do one (or all) of the following for additional entries. Each one counts as a separate entry.
- Follow Harvest Moon by Hand's blog - look to the right side and there's a place to join as a Follower. If you already follow this blog, just put that in the entry.
- "Like" Harvest Moon by Hand on Facebook. Put your Facebook name in your entry.
- Follow Harvest Moon by Hand on Twitter. Note your name on Twitter in your entry.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Provide the link to the Tweet in your entry.
- Let your blog readers know about this giveaway. Provide a link to the post where you mention this giveaway.
- Write something on your Facebook page (either your personal or business one) about this giveaway. Provide the link to the post that mentions the giveaway.
Very important for all entries:
- Make sure you leave your email address (or a link to your website that has your email address) so I can contact you if you win.
- All entries must be received by midnight on Monday, January 23rd. A winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday morning.
If you want to buy other women's dresses from Shabby Apple or little girls dresses from Shabby Apple right away...or want to buy other items (e.g., jewelry, accessories, swimwear, arts and crafts, fitness clothing) from Shabby Apple during the next 30 days, you can receive a 10% off coupon by simply using the code harvestmoon10off at checkout.
- There are affliate links in this post. If you click on them, you will help support this site...and you have my heartfelt thanks.
- There are no exchanges for the winning dress.