Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie

When I lived in Charlotte, North Carolina, there was a pie I ate at a local restaurant that was delicious. I believe they termed it a "derby pie." However, it is very similar to this Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie I made recently for Paige's birthday I saw the recipe on Pinterest that led to the Food website.


This is a super easy recipe to make and I would make it again since everyone loved it. It would have to be a special treat because the nutritional value is not that great. Ignore the dents in the top. That's where the birthday decorations and candles were placed.

INGREDIENTS 

1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie pastry (I made homemade pie crust using my Grandma's recipe)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour 
1/2 cup granulated sugar 
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed 
3/4 cup butter, softened 
1 cup Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chip 
1 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't include any walnuts) 

DIRECTIONS 

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat eggs in a large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. 

Beat in butter. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. 

Spoon into pie shell. 

Bake for 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between outside edge and the center comes out clean. 

Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Serving Size: 1 (102) g Servings 
Per Recipe: 8 

AMT. PER SERVING and % DAILY VALUE 

Calories: 609.7 
Calories from Fat 376 g (62 % daily value)
Total Fat 41.8 g (64 %)
Saturated Fat 17.8 g (89 %)
Cholesterol 92.2 mg (30 %)
Sodium 293.3 mg (12 %)
Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g (19 %)
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g (13 %)
Sugars 37.8 g (151 %)
Protein 7.1 g (14 %)

1 comment:

Rita said...

I've never heard of a chocolate chip pie! Would have loved that back when I ate a lot of carbs--LOL! Looks delicious. :)