Sunday, May 17, 2020

Making Some More Window Stars

One of my goals this year is to try some new window star patterns that I found on Pinterest. One of the patterns I tried turned out very similar to the image shown on Pinterest. I used 3"x6" lime-green kite paper to create it.


This is the pattern and instructions.


I made both a yellow and lime-green version of the window star. I think lighter colors are better so the pattern can be seen easier than with a dark color.


I tried making the window star again, but using 2.5"x5.5" paper. The results were somewhat different with the smaller size, but no other significant changes:


This is how the sizes compare - with the yellow using the larger 3"x6" paper and the lime green using the 2.5"x5.5" paper.


The second star I made didn't even come close to the image in the image on Pinterest. This is my result.


This is the pattern that was linked to Fashion and Recipes. It has quite a few patterns on the website. I used 3"x6" pink kite paper.

Now as I look at it I'm wondering if I forgot the last two steps with folding the points into the middle. I may have to try this one again.


It's been fun trying some new patterns during the stay-at-home order. It passes the time and gives me something creative to do.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I like yours better with the lighter paper. Just gorgeous!
Your star is pretty, too. I didn't even know about this paper folding art until you started them. Beautiful! :)