Thursday, February 27, 2020

Cauliflower Broccoli Salad

I've been trying some new recipes that I'm finding on Pinterest. This one - for Cauliflower Broccoli Salad - led to Valentina's Corner.


Cauliflower Broccoli Salad 

Prep Time - 15 mins
Cook Time - 5 mins
Total Time - 20 mins

Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 467kcal

Ingredients

3 cups raw cauliflower, small florets
3 cups raw broccoli, small florets
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (I used a yellow onion)
1 cup mild cheddar, grated
1/2 pack bacon, chopped & cooked (8 oz)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup craisins (dried cranberries) (I used raisins)

Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip)
1/3 cup granulated sugar (I didn't put any sugar in it since Miracle Whip tastes sweet)
1/4 cup white vinegar

Instructions

Cook bacon pieces, set onto a paper towel to cool. Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small florets. Finely chop onion.

Prepare the homemade salad dressing. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. In a bowl add the broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, sunflower seeds, cranberries, bacon, and red onion.

Add dressing and combine well.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I would have loved this before I went on keto. :)