Sunday, October 30, 2016

Countdown to Halloween - Witches - Day 6

For the sixth day of the Countdown to Halloween, the theme was Witches.

I found a pin on Pinterest for Witchy Guacamole Dip that was on Fork and Beans


 There are quite a few ingredients - most of which I had on hand. For those I didn't, I just substituted something else that was in the refrigerator.

Ingredients

2 large avocados
¼ red onion, thinly chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
juice of 1 lime
sea salt
shredded carrots (for the hair)
2 green olive slices (for the eyes - I used black olives instead)
2 black olive slices (for the eyebrows)
2 slices of a mini red bell pepper (for the lips)
1 cornichon (for the nose)
handful blue corn chips (for the hat)

Directions

In a bowl, mash the avocado. Add the garlic, onions, and lime juice. Mix until well combined. Season with sea salt for flavor.

Add the guacamole to the lower half of a serving plate.

Create the corn chip hat and then add the carrots for the hair.

Assemble the face and serve.


This was a fun dish to prepare and serve. To make it into a dinner (versus snack), I made some taco meat. We put taco chips on our plate and then topped them with the taco meat, dip, and cheese.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yummmm...I can tell it is past lunchtime. ;)