Saturday, September 18, 2010
Special Kids Day
They got to:
- ride horses;
- see/pet farm animals (barn cats, chickens, ducks, goats, foals, and pigs);
- play in a soybean pit (an area filled with soybeans that they could sit in, fill buckets of soybeans with, bury one another in, or slide into);
- tour the calf barn and see a one-week old calf; go on a hayride;
- have lunch;
- play on a huge swing set;
- listen to live music;
- bounce in a “bouncy house”; and
- go on a train ride (there’s an historic train that’s nearby that offers 45-minute rides).
We had such a wonderful time – with such a variety of activities. I think we laughed more that afternoon than we had in a long time.
It was so nice not to have to worry about anything and have everything taken care of – especially having a meal cooked that I didn’t have to cook!
It’s the little things that make a difference…and this was definitely something that we will all look back on with good memories.