Saturday, January 11, 2020

Two New Window Stars

One of my goals this year is to try two new window star patterns each month. I have quite a few patterns on my Pinterest origami board. The two I picked this month are below.

The first pin is of a yellow window star with the instructions in a different language. (The pin doesn't lead to a website.) I was able to see that the paper is cut to 7.5 cm x 8 cm. At least that gave the size which is important. To make the window star, I just followed the pictures.


I made the window star using blue kite paper, and it turned out like this:


The second pattern I did was of an eight-pointed star that led to Origami Maniacs:


I did the window star in purple and it turned out like this:


It was fun to try some new patterns. What I found out, though, was that my ability to do window stars for any prolonged period of time is no longer possible which essentially ends what I can sell in my Etsy shop.

Even after spinal surgery in October 2019 due to being rear-ended by another driver in November 2018 (it was his fault - he wasn't paying attention), the ability to keep my neck in the position it needs to be still hurts and limits what I can do. At least I can make a couple stars here and there for my family or gifts.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I know about constant pain. I hoped the surgery would get rid of that for you. :(
These are both beautiful!! :)