Monday, December 9, 2019

Festive Maple Bacon Onion Cheese Ball

For Thanksgiving, I made a Festive Maple Bacon Onion Cheese Ball. Everyone who tried it liked it, and it's one that I would make again.


Ingredients:

16 ounces softened cream cheese
1/4 - 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Bacon Onion Jam
Dash of pepper
1 cup finely shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped (I didn't use, but would do so next time)
1/3 cup parsley, chopped (I used Italian parsley because there was none of the regular kind. I would use the regular kind next time and try to chop it more finely)

Directions:

Mix cream cheese, jam, cheese, green onions, and pepper. Chill until stiff (about one hour, though I let it sit in the refrigerator overnight). Drop onto parchment paper. Form mixture into cheeseball, using parchment paper to prevent sticking. Roll in chopped pecan/dried cranberry/parsley mixture. Serve chilled.


1 comment:

Rita said...

Sounds like that went over well! Nice! Looks good. :)