Monday, July 8, 2019

Red, White, and Blue Salad

For quite a while, I've had a pin on my 4th of July Pinterest board for the Red, White, and Blue Sweet Summer Salad.

Last week, I finally made it and it was delicious! Everyone (except Olivia who doesn't like salads) enjoyed it. I would definitely make it again.


The recipe for the Red, White, and Blue Sweet Summer Salad comes from Green Lite Brites. It takes about 5 minutes of prep time. Although there are measurements noted for the salad, I didn't follow them. I used enough lettuce for a meal for our family; and then enough blueberries, strawberries, and feta cheese to make it look festive.

Here's the more precise recipe for one serving:

Ingredients: 

3-4 cups of fresh romaine lettuce cleaned and torn (I used a lettuce combination in a bag)
About 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
About 1/2 cup fresh strawberries cut in small chunks
1 ounce (28g) Crumbled Feta
1 tablespoon poppyseed dressing

Directions:

Wash and prepare all your ingredients.

Top the greens with the berries and cheese.

Drizzle on the dressing and enjoy!

No comments: