Sunday, November 23, 2014

The X in Sex - Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks - Week 48

Last week I read a book for the Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge that I didn't enjoy. Perhaps it's titles that begin with "X" in them because the same was true for this week's book: The X in Sex - How the X Chromosome Controls Our Lives by David Bainbridge.


If someone is very interested in human biology and gender, this would be a great book for her/him. However, within a few pages I could tell this book was not one that I would find fascinating.

To the author's credit, he went into great detail about the X chromosome. This would be perfect for someone who enjoys research and an excessive amount of detail.

Like last week's book, I found my mind wandering as I flipped through the pages. I skimmed the first part of the book by page, the middle of the book by chapter, and then simply closed the book after that. The X in Sex was not a valuable use of my time. Other things were needing my attention that I felt were a better use of the limited time I have on earth.

No comments: