Monday, February 1, 2010

Decorating for Valentine's Day


6 Red Window Stars
Originally uploaded by Pictures by Ann
These are six of the newest window stars that I made for Valentine's Day. A couple of the patterns I've done already and really like (the big star in the upper left and the middle one in the right column).

The stars on the bottom rows of both columns are new patterns.

With a couple more months of a winter white landscape, the red is a vibrant and necessary color to remind myself that spring IS around the corner.

The stars are made with a special paper cut into small pieces. Each piece is folded multiple times to create a point. The points are then glued together to reveal the star pattern.

Another set of these stars - as well as other ones that I make in a variety of colors - are available in my shop, Harvest Moon by Hand.

No comments: